Clearview Public Schools is an inclusive public education system offering a comprehensive range of programs to serve the learning needs of approximately 2,400 Pre‐ Kindergarten to Grade 12 students in and around the communites of east central Alberta. Clearview encompasses the Town of Stettler, the County of Paintearth. Our schools are located in Big Valley, Botha, Brownfield, Byemoor, Castor, Coronation, Donalda, Erskine and Stetter.
Clearview supports student learning at 24 school sites, including 10 schools on Hutterite colonies. Alternative secondary education is provided through Outreach Schools in Coronation, Castor and Stettler. We strive to ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of student learning. We are committed to offering all students opportunites that allow them to be successful citizens. We remain industriously creative in meeting program needs at every school and ensuring stakeholder satisfaction.
- One of the largest employers in our communities with a $36 million budget.
- Governed by an elected board of 7 trustees.
- 24 schools (11 schools, 10 Colony schools, 3 Outreach).
- Catchment area covers approximately 7,474 square km.
- Enrolment of 2,369 students (September 2016).
- Employs 356 regular staff, with over 150 teachers.
- 48 bus routes (covering 7,590 km/day).
- Our school buses travel 1,388,970 km per year (or one bus around the Earth over 34 times!).
- Over 1,260 students transported daily (54% of Clearview students).
- Over 86% of the students in our area attend Clearview Public Schools.
- 90.5% of our parents and students reported the quality of education in our schools is excellent.
- 82.3% of our parents and students reported our program of studies as excellent.
- Our drop out rate was 2.9% versus the provincial average of 3.4%.
- 81.5% of our students graduate in three years as compared to the provincial average of 76.4%.