Be a leader in your community.
Become a school board trustee!
Trustees, as part of the Clearview Public Schools, make vital decisions about how education is delivered in your community. School board decisions affect our children’s education and the cultural, social and economic life of our local communities. If you have a passion and interest in the success of educating children and a vision for local education, consider running for school board.
Nomination deadline is September 18.
Nominations are accepted at the Central Services office between 10:00am and noon (5031 50 Street, Stettler). Nominations must be provided in-person. Note if the candidate is having another person deliver the nomination form on their behalf, it must be signed by a Commissioner for Oaths before delivery.
Upcoming Key Dates (2017)
September 18 Nomination Day
October 16 Election Day
October 26 Board Orientation, Organizational Meeting, and Regular Meeting (day time)
November 16 Regular Meeting
November 30 Regular Meeting (approve Clearview's education plan, final budget, and financial statements)
Being a Trustee
As an elected member, a Trustee must balance the responsibilities and relationships inherent in their role:
- establishes the strategic plan and budget for Clearview
- participates in decision-making processes and appeal processes of the Board
- participates and communicates on committees of the Board or as Board representatives
- participates on provincial associations meetings, such as the Alberta School Boards Association
- communicates the Board's decisions to communities
- attends school council meetings
- Up to two regular meetings per month
- Dates and times are established by the Board (currently meetings are from 10:00am to 4:00pm)
- Engagement in committees is also available. Click HERE for the list of current committees.
- Four-year term
A Chair and Vice-Chair are not elected separately, and are chosen by the Board at the Organizational Meeting and typically annually thereafter. There are no terms or limits to the number of times a trustee can serve as Chair or Vice-Chair.
Nomination forms and packages may be picked up at any Clearview local community school or at Central Services office located at 5031 50 Street, Stettler
Nomination Forms (you may need to download and print)
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
The personal information collected on these forms is being collected under the authority of the Local Authorities Election Act and the School Act and will be used for the nomination of candidates for the Board of Trustee election (Clearview Public Schools) on October 16, 2017. It will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Nomination form must be signed by at least 5 resident electors (see residency requirements below).
- Nomination forms must be submitted Monday, September 18, 2017 at the Central Services office between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00pm (5031 50 Street, Stettler).
- Nomination Forms must be dropped off in person, or
- Where a nominee wishes to have their form delivered by an agent, the form must be witnessed by a commissioner for oaths in advance.
Qualifications to Run as a Trustee or Nominate a Candidate
(information on qualifications to run as a trustee or nominate a candidate, including residency requirements based on ward or faith)
(further information on qualifications for residency)
(detailed maps and descriptions for Clearview's wards and a map of Roman Catholic wards)
(information helpful to assist potential candidates on general regulations, information on election expenses, and election signs)
The purpose of campaigning is to convince the electors of your Ward that you are the best candidate for the position. Campaigns can include talking to people, putting up signs, handing out brochures, running ads in the newspapers and giving interviews to the media.
Clearview Key Information and Reports
For more information please contact Peter Neale (Associate Superintendent/Returning Officer) at 403-742-3331 or E-mail at email@example.com.